What kind of personal data do we collect from you?
Where you use any of our websites, we may automatically collect personal data about you including:
- information about your computer (e.g. your Internet protocol (IP) address and browser type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform)
- information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time you viewed them and what you clicked on)
- information about your mobile device (such as the make and model of your device);
- information about your device (such as your device operating system, network service provider, browser, etc…)
How do we collect your personal data?
We may collect your personal data in two ways: a) Personal data that we receive directly from you b) Personal data that we receive from third parties and other sources We will receive data directly from you when you:
- visit one of our websites
- contact us, for example by email, telephone, post or social media
- complete and submit on of our online forms
- enquire about any of our services
- fill in a form or survey for us
- make payments
We do not receive personal data from third parties and other sources.
How do we use your personal data?
- We may use your personal data to:
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- provide you with information about products or services we offer that we feel may interest you. Unless you have consented to receive marketing communications by electronic means from us, by ticking the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products and services similar to those which you previously purchased or enquired about from us
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- notify you about changes to our products or services
- respond to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
- check the accuracy of information about you
- to conduct and analyse market research
- to ensure that content from any of our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We have no reason to process sensitive information (special categories or criminal convictions data) about you.
How do we safeguard your personal data
Disclosure of your personal data to third parties
In the usual course of our business we may disclose your personal data (to the extent necessary) to certain third-party organisations that we use to support the delivery of our services. This may include the following:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you,
- IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf;
- professional advisers including consultants, lawyers, bankers and insurers who provide us with consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
- third party debt collectors for the purposes of debt collection
- third party service providers for the purposes of storage of information and confidential destruction, third party marketing companies for the purpose of sending marketing emails, subject to obtaining appropriate consent.
Accessing and updating your information
It is important that the personal data
What are cookies and how do we use them?
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors to our website move around the various pages and sections. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies are set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. They work by uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience our targeted advertising across different websites.
For more information on how to control your cookie settings and browser settings, or on how to delete cookies from your hard drive, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk .